Highly acclaimed for the efficient ISO 14001:2004 Certification
that we offer, we take every step to keep ourselves in pace with the changing trends and updates in this field. This enables us to offer effective and result oriented ISO 14001:2004 Certification services to our clients. We assist in obtaining ISO 14001:2004 Certification is a cost effective and hassle free manner. We offer ISO 14001:2004 Certification services as per the specific requirements put forward by the clients.
ISO 14001:2004 has been prepared by Technical Committee ISO/TC 207 "Environmental management" in collaboration with CMC.
Organizations of all kinds are increasingly concerned with achieving and demonstrating sound environmental performance by controlling the impacts of their activities, products and services on the environment, consistent with their environmental policy and objectives. They do so in the context of increasingly stringent legislation, the development of economic policies and other measures that foster environmental protection, and increased concern expressed by interested parties about environmental matters and sustainable development.
ISO 14001 standards covering environmental management are intended to provide organizations an effective environmental management system (EMS) that can be integrated with other management requirements and help organizations to achieve environmental and economic goals. This Standard, like other International Standards, is not intended to be used to create non-tariff trade barriers or to increase or change an organization's legal obligations.
This Standard specifies requirements for an environmental management system that enables an organization to develop and implement a policy and objectives which take into account legal requirements and information about significant environmental aspects. It is intended to apply to all types and sizes of organization and to accommodate diverse geographical, cultural and social conditions.
ISO 14001 Standard is based on methodology known as Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA). PDCA can be briefly defined as follows
Benefits of ISO 14001
- Plan : Establish the objectives and processes necessary to deliver results in accordance with the organization's environmental policy
- Do : Implement the processes.
- Check : Monitor and measure processes against environmental policy, objectives, targets, legal and other requirements, and report the results.
- Act : take actions to continually improve performance of the environmental management system
- Reduction in cost of waste management
- Savings in consumption of energy and materials
- Saving of distribution costs
- Improved corporate image among regulators, customers and the public
- Continual improvement of environmental performance
This International Standard is applicable to any organization that wishes to :
Requirements of ISO 14001
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve an environmental management system
- Assure itself of conformity with its stated environmental policy
- Demonstrate conformity with this International Standard by
- Making a self-determination and self-declaration, or
- Seeking confirmation of its conformance by parties having an interest in the organization, such as customers, or
- Seeking confirmation of its self-declaration by a party external to the organization, or
- Seeking certification/registration of its environmental management system by an external organization
The organization shall establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve an environmental management system. The organization shall define and document:
- the scope of its environmental management system
- Environmental policy, objectives and targets
- Environmental aspects and impacts
- description of the main elements of the environmental management system and their interaction, and reference to related documents